SATURDAY JULY 18
:00 P.M. EST
CHECK IN STARTS AT :00 P.M.
ENTRY FEE: $40
EVERYONE PAYS $10 GATE ADMISSION
$5 PIT ADMISSION
NO REFUNDS/RAINCHECKS OF ADMISSION FOR ANY REASON
PAYOUTS: 1ST - $1,200 2ND - $700 3RD - $300
1. Any year cars are allowed.
2. Remove all fiberglass and plastic panels, all glass including windshield. Remove all molding, rear seats, hood latches, factory gas tank, ALL WHEEL WEIGHTS and door handles.
3. Only welding on the frame is A arms forward and mounting bumper, motor mounts, repairs or rewelding from where you notched or pre bent.
4. Bumpers should be welded, chained, bolted or all. Bumper can not be any higher than 22 inches. It can be welded directly to frame, bumper swaps are allowed. No home-made bumpers.
5. Rear frame rail no lower than 14 inches at rear bumper. Body bolts can be changed. No washers more than 3 inches round, any size bolt allowed, bolts must be inside of frame.
6. Doors and trunks can be welded solid with 3” wide no thicker than 1/4 metal.
7. Four bar interior cage is allowed. May not contact frame, firewall, motor or transmission or extend more than 12 inches behind driver seat. No bar up to firewall from dash bar (this means no kickers at all) roll bar must be straight up and down in center of driver’s compartment.
8. Hood may be wired or bolted in six places. No wire in front of radiator. Max 9 gauge wire, fan must be covered at all times.
9. Trunk or roof may be stuffed down.
10.. Two vertical wires or bars 1/2” thick 3” wide for front window bars, may not contact motor in any way.
11. Gas tank is to be placed in backseat area, gas tank protectors are allowed no wider than 24” and may not be bolted or welded to frame.
12. Suspension may be solid, all thread for shocks are ok, NO PLATES TO CONTROL BENDING OF FRAME.
13. Tires - round and black.
14. Only one battery allowed, secured and covered.
15. Engine swap is allowed, must have 15”X15” hole in hood.
16. Fuel pump must have shut off switch if electric.
17. Core support can be bolted all the way through with the 1” all thread.
18. Two 8x8 holes must be cut in trunk 3” from where trunk is welded to the quarters.
19. No interior seam welding on body panels.
20. Body must have 1 inch space between frame.
21. Frame can be repaired with 4X4 1/4” patch maximum 6 plates and only if we can see clear evidence of frame damage. So just call first, if it isn’t bent don’t fix it.
22. Frame creasing is allowed.
23. Rear window bar is allowed 3” wide 1/2” thick, welded 3” past where trunk meets speaker deck, no more than 3” bolted or welded to roof.
24. Distributor guard and 22” hump plates are allowed that is 22” at widest point, with the center located at the center of the hump and no thicker than 1/4”.
25. Wedging is allowed.
26. 12” bumper shocks, inside the frame or out, not both!! No bigger than 2’ tubing or pipe.
27. Rear ends can be swapped, no leaf conversions, unless the car was factory that way, must be 5 lug, any bracing must be within 5” of rear end, and not touch frame.
28. Slip shafts are allowed.
29. Engine protectors are allowed, Two 3/8” chains on each side welded to frame no more than 3 links can be welded.
30. Sway bar can be welded or bolted solid to frame.
31. Frame must be 23” from spring pocket to back side of bumper.
32. You may pitch front frame rails by cutting box loose and rewelding.
33. 03 and newer Fords: if replacing K member it must be welded like the factory donor car was no staggering, wheel base must be the same.
34. No skinning of body panels.
35. If it's not in the rules, call first!
MINI CAR CLASS ADDED!!
$40 Entry Fee (+ $10 per person Gate Admission)
100% Pay Back
PREPARATION & BUILD
For information contact:
Tommy Crask 502-827-4091
Tyler Brangers 270-268-1289
Andy Wardrip 270-945-5204
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL!!!
NELSON COUNTY FAIR BOARD NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS, LOST OR STOLEN ITEMS!