MARKET GOAT SHOW
There will be no Goat Show this year.
Weigh-in 5:00-6:00 p.m.
SUPERINTENDENTS: ANDREA DARBY and DANIELLE HUTCHINS
1. This show is open to Nelson County youth engaged in an approved 4-H or FFA goat project.
2. All goats must be K.U.I.P tagged.
3. All exhibitors may enter market wethers or market does.
4. All goats must meet Kentucky health requirements for exhibition and be accompanied by an approved health certificate.
5. Exhibitors may show no more than four (4) animals.
6. There will be a novice market class limited to one (1) animal per exhibitor.
7. All goats must have been owned by the exhibitor as of May 18th of the current year.
8. All goats must be born after July 23, 2014. Animals are subject to be mouthed to check age.
9. Market kids must be clean castrated (banned or surgically removed, clamping is not allowed). No artificial color may be used.
10. Horns are optional, but must be tipped. Tipped is defined as the end of the horn squared off to 1/2 inch in diameter or larger.
11. Goats must weight a minimum of 35 pounds.
12. All goats must be shown by the 4-H or FFA exhibitor (owner) unless the exhibitor is incapacitated (deprived of strength or ability; physically impaired) or has more than one entry in a class, then he or she may have another 4-H or FFA youth exhibit his or her animal.
13. All goats must be on the grounds by 6:00 p.m.
· Junior — (9 -11)
· Intermediate - (12-15)
· Senior (16 and up)
Weight Class Premiums:
· 1st: $20
· 2nd: $15
· 3rd: $10
· 4th: $10
· 5th: $5
Grand Champion: $60
Reserve Champion: $40
Back to Top