YOUTH MARKET LAMB SHOW
Thursday, July 16
1. This show is open to all youth engaged in an approved sheep project. Novice weight classes will show separately. All other exhibitors will show together.
2. Exhibitors may enter market lambs. Induced crytorchids, short scrotum lambs and ram lambs may not be shown.
3. Judge has the discretion to dismiss an exhibitor who does not have control of market lambs.
4. Lambs must be accompanied by an approved Health Certificate.
5. All lambs must have been owned by the exhibitor as of June 1 of the current year
6. NOVICE EXHIBITORS ARE LIMITED TO ONE ENTRY; ALL OTHER EXHIBITORS ARE LIMITED TO TWO ENTRIES IN THE MARKET CLASSES.
7. Lambs must be docked and sheared slick above the hock.
8. All sheep must be shown by owner. If owner has two entries in a class, another youth must show the second entry.
9. Lambs will be shown by weight.
10. Premiums will be awarded by the Danish System based on the ribbon value as follows: Blue (2X), Red (1.5X), and White (IX).
11. $500 will be awarded on the Danish System.
12. All lambs must be on grounds by 5:00 p.m.
13. All exhibitors must pay front gate admission.
Once an exhibitor has won an age class, he/she is no longer eligible to show in that class.
SHEPHERD ‘S QUIZ AWARDS (NELSON COUNTY RESIDENTS ONLY)